How it works
ELECTRON BEAM GRAFTING OF FUNCTIONAL MEMBRANES
We turn market standard membranes into advanced special purpose membranes.
Our technology? Is electron beam grafting of functional molecules.
With our understanding of surface-fluid interaction, we chose the fittest molecules to suitable for the job. This can be functional groups of small and even large bio molecules.
Our molecular coatings are single layer and permanent/covalent in nature and perform independent of the membrane’s pores size. Micro-, ultra- and nanofiltration membranes retain their distinctive cut-off characteristics. Electron beam treated membranes are easy to implement and require no changes in filter module assembly and in the downstream value chain.
Our electron beams can penetrate most membrane bulk materials. This is important, as our electrons reach any internal surface of a membrane. Compared to conventional membrane coating techniques, our technology increases the active functionalized area by 20x and more.
Why you should decide for electron beam grafting
- emissions free, non-volatile organic compounds
- high process energy efficiency & materials utilization
- coatings free of harmful agents, non-aging
- EU, FDA compliant in food packaging for 40+ years
- low maintenance
- legacy of lowest total cost solution for food packaging, printing and converters worldwide